The Board of Directors are committed to maintaining high standards in corporate governance and support the principles of the UK Corporate Governance Code (the "UK Code").
- Christopher Miller Executive Chairman
- David Roper Executive Vice-Chairman
- Simon Peckham Chief Executive
- Geoffrey Martin Group Finance Director
- Justin Dowley Senior Independent Non-executive Director
- Liz Hewitt Independent Non-executive Director
- David Lis Independent Non-executive Director
- Archie G. Kane Independent Non-executive Director
Statement of compliance
The Board is accountable to the Company’s shareholders for good governance. Throughout the year ended 31 December 2017, the Company applied and complied with the main principles, the supporting principles and the respective related provisions of the UK Code, with the exception of a specific element of Schedule A, which recommends that grants under executive share options and long-term incentive plans should normally be phased, rather than awarded in one block. Grants under the 2012 Incentive Plan, details of which are in the Directors’ remuneration report in the 2017 Annual Report, were awarded in one block, rather than phased. The 2012 Incentive Plan was recommended as being in the best interests of shareholders as a whole by the Board and was approved by shareholders at a general meeting held on 11 April 2012. All other aspects of executive Directors’ remuneration, fully comply with the provisions of Schedule A of the UK Code.